Social media is, essentially, a platform for conversation, sharing, and connecting. Think about it. Who wouldn’t want the opportunity to start a conversation with a customer? Or even better, a potential customer?
Other than in your store, social media is the only means that allows customers to begin real-time conversations with you. You can’t do it with a billboard, or a television commercial, a radio ad, or a newspaper ad….all effective means of getting the word out…but there’s no back-and-forth element to them.
Social media is the ideal platform to build customer loyalty and help remain top-of-mind in your customer’s minds.
Here are a few tips:
- Make social media a component of your overall marketing strategy.
- Allocate a portion of your budget to social media. You may have over 2,000 “likes” on your Facebook page but it’s possible that only a hundred or so people will even see your post. Strategize what is important to get out to your audience and spend a small amount of money to boost your post.
- Communicate your organization’s personality in your social media posts. If you’re a fun, quirky business, make sure that shows through in your posts.
- Link to your social media from your website.
- Use social media to complement your marketing campaigns. The more times you can reach your customer with a similar message, the more likely it is to stick with them.
- Use analytics.
Don’t be afraid to test the social media waters. Remember, if you’re not using social media, you’re missing out on the:
- Over 1.5 billion monthly active users on Facebook.
- Over a billion YouTube users.
- 400 million Intagramers.
- 307 million Twitter users.
- 300 million Google + users.
This is the first in a series of social media blog posts. Check back for more social media tips to help your business connect with the right customers. And, don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.